How to set up a baby room
Some easy steps on how to set up a baby room.
Setting up a baby room for the new baby is one of the most exciting adventures for the new parents to be. While it is true that the babies don’t need much space, their belongings certainly do. If you find yourself, as so many couples do, bringing your first baby home to a small house or cramped apartment, there is no need for panic. Children themselves don’t need a lot of room for the first year, and there are plenty of space saving techniques that can help make the smallest nursery functional and pretty. Adding extra storage to the inside of the wardrobe is a simple way to increase available space.
1. Measure the inside of the right hand door for hanging rails.
Don’t extend them right to the edges or you won’t be able to close the door.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the main hanging rod.
Then paint the rod and door rails the same color. Leave to dry.
3. Use a drill to make one hole in the center of the right hand door 7.5com down from the top edge.
Measure the rails then use the pencil to mark eight holes for the ring hooks. The hooks should sit 3cm in from either end of rail for stability. Rails should be at least 20cm apart. Make a hole at each market point. Insert rawlplugs in the holes then screw the eight ring hooks and the wall hook in place then return the main hanging rod in its brackets.
4. Using the same method, place three wall hooks in the top third of the left hand door.
Space the hooks to make it easy to hang items one handed.
5. Use thumbtacks to secure the canvas laundry bag below the three hooks.
6. Measure the shelves for the canvas lining, allow 2cm for hem plus a 5cm overhang.
Hem around each liner, stitch the ric-rac braid across the front edge and then secure in place using thumbtacks.
I’ts not so hard to set up a baby room, just persevere and plan ahead…Good Luck!